3 Bedrooms - 8 Beds - 2.5 Baths - Sleeps 16+
If you're a neighbor looking to contact me, search "Zack Zarate" and strike up a conversation.
WE'RE COMPLETELY FAMILY FRIENDLY!
Quick uber to Dodger Stadium, Downtown LA, Hollywood Walk of fame & Universal Studios ($5-$15 depending on time of day).
NO LOUD PARTIES OR UNRULY GROUPS. We are in a tight community with our neighbors. If you are loud outside, I will hear about it within minutes. Noise is fine inside but as soon as you're outside, you're under watch.
Families, Bands, Musicians, (Non-Noisy) Get Togethers & Late check-ins welcome! Cleaning cost discounts for smaller groups.
3 Bedrooms, 2.5 bathrooms, 2 car garage with additional driveway parking spot. AWESOME. Enough bedding for 23 people! We're up for negotiation for groups above 10 people.
Search "Sunset Junction" and you'll see why you need to stay here. We're under 20 minutes away walking distance–great restaurants and shops and a thickly hip vibe.
Cafecito Organico is an amazing little cafe that attracts such an eclectic crowd. Great place to roll out of bed and start your day.
SLEEPING SITUATION (fits 16)
5 Queen Beds: fits 2 each (10 total)
2 Sleeper Couches: fits 2 each (4 total)
- these couches convert to Queen beds
2 Futons: fit 2 each (4 total)
- these futons convert to Queen beds
5 Raised Twin Sized Air Beds: fits 6 total
*we have enough bedding/sheets/pillows for 23 people. If you want to fit more somehow, you can try =)
· 2 car garage and you can park one more car if you don't mind blocking your own garage door
· Gated remote entry
· 2.5 bathrooms
· (2) 42 inch TVs (both have Chromecast, the other has an HDMI cord, both have basic cable)
I got everything a family with babies could need. If you need more, I'll get it for you. I have 2 kids under 2 years old so I understand. We also have a great baby gate for the stairs.
I got everything a family with babies could need. If you need more, I'll get it for you. I have 2 kids under 2 years old so I understand. We also have a great baby gate for the stairs. All the below are within a 20 minute walking distance of the house.
☆ SQIRL: super hipster breakfast spot. #likeomghipster... But great toast and kale things
☆Silverlake Ramen - and good sushi!
☆Cafe Tropical (Heavy Breakfast Sammich and great coffee)
☆Local (locally sourced food with a always changing menu)
☆Pho Cafe (great Vietnamese soup–great for hangovers!
☆Las Glorias del Buen (healthy delicious Mexican)
☆Thirsty Crow (serious Whiskey Bar)
☆Diablo (unique twist on a Michelada and killer "urban" tacos)
☆Silverlake Lounge (standard dive bar)
☆Karma Lounge (sweet place owned by a Brooklyn brother)
☆El Caserio (an Ecuadorian restaurant but they have a KILLER bar)
☆Music Box Steps (staircase based on a 1932 film): (website hidden)_Music_Box
☆Los Globos (dancing until 4am most nights!)
☆The Stockroom (erotic leather goods and awesome showroom)
☆LA Metro's Vermont/Beverly Station
20 minute walk from the oh-so-famous Sunset Junction (search it online)--home to trendy shops/eateries, typically what people call "hipsters", and overall good looking people. Beautiful neighborhood walks, Farmers Market on Tuesday and Saturdays, and good people watching.
Our most favorite local attraction is Echo Park Lake. Go and search images of it right now... gorgeous yes?! Melissa and I usually lounge there on the eastern grassy slope as we people watch and read+write. A very chill spot.
We don't do flat sheets or comforters. They increase laundry loads and overall use up a lot of water. We have a TON of blankets. Feel free to use 2 or 3. They are easy to wash.
If you don't like hipsters and aspiring actor/entertainer types, this area isn't for you =)
> If the asker cancels more than 1 day(s) before the start of the booking, he is reimbursed 100 % of the amount paid
> If the asker cancels less than 1 day(s) before the start of the booking , he is reimbursed 50 % of the amount paid
No smoking, parties, or events
Check-in is anytime after 4PM and check out by 11AM
Self check-in with lockbox
- RESIDENTIAL NEIGHBORHOOD: understand that every building around this house has bedrooms facing you and a human sleeping in that room. DON'T BE LOUD OUTSIDE AT NIGHT. If you are secretly trying to throw an event, a neighbor will call me at any time of the night. I'll have to go over there in my pjs and kick you out–because I'm 3 blocks away. Don't waste all of our time.
- NO SMOKING INSIDE. If next guests complain of smoke or if we find signs of smoking, OR if we find evidence that smoke alarms have been tampered with, you agree that we will take $300 from your deposit.
- Same day, unreviewed users and/or locals: we will need to know more about you. If you instant book, you understand we reserve the right to check ID/passport upon arrival or via text, visit daily/nightly and meet you upon check in our we will need to cancel your reservation. If you do not respond to our questions when you book, just give one word responses, are communicating strangely and refuse to tell us about yourself, we will need to cancel based on mistrust.
- Do not block the driveway. If you have a third car, you can block your own garage door. NOT the driveway. There is a neighbor that uses that driveway too. IT IS NOW ILLEGAL IN LA TO PARK ON THE SIDEWALK PARKLET.
- If you plan to be loud inside, please close the windows/garage. The walls are thick. But please keep levels reasonable (don't bring big speakers or have shouting matches)
You must also acknowledge:
Must climb stairs - 1 step to get into the house.
Surveillance or recording devices on property - Cameras on in the front and back of the house (not pointing INSIDE the house)
Zack Z. very much enjoys the arts–music especially. On the off time he (tries) to play guitar and puts his six years of choir and music theory into use. Aside from working online in the perpetually changing internet scene, Zack also works closely with his wife on artistic projects that will hopefully be the foundation of their traveling dreams together.
Melissa M. is the epitome of hip and fresh. A printmaker at heart, she thrives on the tactile that is paper. Together with this love of paper, and skills attained, she creates handmade artists books, prints, and stationery that evoke a thoughtful cuteness.
Mel and Zack are a unique couple: met in high school, best friends for years, sharers of tragedy and fun times, singers of many a song, married immediately and always working on a mystery since then.
The ultimate goal for them (and most 9 to 5'ers) is to make a living off doing what they both love.
They hope to travel the world for extended periods of time and spread joy the only way they know how: funky dancing, loud singing, nonstop comedy and making pretty things.
They are mostly all in the hippest part of Los Angeles, a place called Silver Lake (Northeast of Downtown). Homeplace of Beck, Elliott Smith, moustaches, The Silver Lake Reservoir, and heck, that dork pretty boy Ryan Gosling lives here too.
We've had the chance to meet and host the following artists and bands: Tame Impala, Blood Orange, Kurt Vile, American Football, Kimbra, King Tuff, The Movielife, Kopecky, Kate Nash, Slow Magic, Digitalism, Tanlines, Cathedrals, Lemaitre, The Stooges, Wild Feathers, Bronze Whale and more to come.
Some properties are owned by us but a few are also managed by us. Don't be surprised if we introduce you to a bff or a second mother of ours =)
Read our reviews and come join the fun!
Please return shortly to make a booking.