2 Bedrooms - 2 Beds - 1 Bath - Sleeps 4
2 bedroom/1 bath historical home located in the Marigny neighborhood. Experience the local flavor in our private shotgun double in one of the city's coolest neighborhoods! This private home is on the same block of our favorite local hangout - Who Dat Cafe, 3 blocks from Frenchmen Street, 3 blocks from the N. Rampart Streetcar Line, a 5 minute walk to Bourbon Street and a 5 minute walk to the Bywater. Easy access to all our city has to offer! This is the BEST location in New Orleans!
Built in the early 1900s, our lovely shotgun retains the architecture you expect in a New Orleans home. It has high ceilings, large windows, original decorative fireplaces, gorgeous wood floors - you get the idea! A Shotgun home has no interior doors except for the bathroom door, a traditional setup for homes built near the turn of the century. There is a door on the front bedroom, which separates the front bedroom from the back bedroom. Between the two bedrooms is a jack-and-jill closet and office space.
It's charm represents a home of it's era, an open traditional shotgun with two bedrooms and one bathroom: all beds are queen sized. The bathroom is a 3 piece bath with traditional bathtub/shower combo (not a clawfoot tub) making it a relaxing space for all even those of us on the taller side. :-)
There is a flat screen with Apple TV in the living room, with access to any app you may have. There is also a smaller TV in one bedroom also with Apple TV access. The WiFi access code is provided before arrival.
The kitchen is completely furnished with fridge, stove, oven, coffee maker, microwave, washer and dryer. Cutting boards, pots, plates and basics utensils are provided as well.
Parking: Our neighborhood has free street parking. Just be sure not to block anyone's driveway and do not park within 10 feet of a street corner. You will be ticketed and possibly towed. Homeowner and Property Manager are not responsible for any tickets/damage/etc.
From our location you can walk almost anywhere -- the French Quarter is steps away, plus the Marigny and Bywater neighborhoods are fantastic places to explore. You'll find where the locals go to eat drink and dance. Live Like a Local!!!
You have full access to the home.
Other things to note
Rooms feature window units and additional space heaters.
Registration Number 18STR-12845
License or registration number
> If the asker cancels more than 1 day(s) 0 hour(s) before the start of the booking or subscription, asker is reimbursed 100 % of the amount paid
> If the asker cancels less than 1 day(s) 0 hour(s) before the start of the booking or subscription, asker is reimbursed 50 % of the amount paid
License or registration number
Check-in: After 4:00 PM
Checkout: 11:00 AM
Self checkin with lockbox
No parties or events
No parking on property - Free street parking in our neighborhood.
Potential for noise - Welcome to New Orleans - the city of sounds. That said our home is quiet.
Must climb stairs - There are three stairs for the stoop. There are no interior stairs.
Security Deposit - if you damage the home, you may be charged up to $300
Some spaces are shared - Front porch is shared with other side of the shotgun.
- Our home is located in a quiet residential neighborhood. You are a minute walk from restaurants and bars and only 6 blocks from the French Quarter. Feel free to party out on the town but please be respectful to our neighbors and observe quiet hours in our home from 10pm-8am. This will ensure everyone can rest at home comfortably away from the craziness & have time to recoup before the next fun filled day.
- Most importantly we hope that you enjoy our city as much as we do, so please keep the communication lines open. If you need anything we are just down the street.
- No smoking in the apartment.
- No pets. Many guests have allergies, so we are pet-free here.
- Check-in at 4pm & Check-out at 11am. If you need special arrangements just ask and I will do my best to accommodate.
- Please be respectful of neighbors and try to keep your noise down. No parties. The house is not set up for parties. There is a bar on every street corner, all of which are ideally suited for your needs.
- We have a strict cancellation policy but we also know that life happens. We will do our best to work with if you need to cancel your trip.
- Lost key fee is $200 (I will re-key the locks if all keys are not returned)
Free cancellation for 48 hours
After that, cancel up to 7 days before check-in and get a 50% refund, minus the service fee.